Loving a pet is one of the most rewarding and humbling experiences one can have. Adopting from an animal rescue is a great way to find a pet and save a life. Every animal is as unique as the possible breeds and mixes that occur. We emphasize matching the right dog or cat to the right family to help ensure many happy years for you and your pet. All animals and adoptive families have different needs, so think about these things when considering your new four-legged family member:
• Do you currently have pets?
• Do you have the time to spend caring for a pet?
• What type of situation do you have for an animal? For example, kids? space? yard?
• Are you looking for a pet to run and play with or a mellow, lap dog?
• Are you a big dog person or more of a smaller dog person?
• Do you want a bit more independent animal such as a cat?
• Do you want an older animal or a puppy/kitten?
Adoption Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process to adopt a dog or cat?
First, meet your animal! Happy Endings Animal Rescue does not have its own shelter facility. Our adoptable animals are housed at the Town of Pinedale Animal Control facility, at Creature Comforts pet shop, and in foster homes throughout the Pinedale and Boulder area. If you are interested in meeting any of our adoptable animals, please call us at 307-360-6000 so we may set up an appointment and direct you to the correct location.
Once you have interest in an animal, print and complete our Adoption Application and submit it via email to email@example.com or call us for drop-off instructions.
Upon approval of adoption, your Adoption Coordinator will help you complete an Adoption Contract.
What are the requirements to adopt?
1. Be at least 18 years of age or older.
2. If you own pets, they must be current on vaccinations per local requirements.
3. If you own a pet that is unaltered, the H.E.A.R. animal must be altered prior to adoption to help prevent adding to the population of unwanted pets.
4. If you rent, you must have the knowledge and consent of the landlord.
5. Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet.
Complete an adoption contract, approved and signed by a H.E.A.R. representative
6. Allow the H.E.A.R Board of Directors to conduct an initial home visit to ensure proper conditions can be met to fit the individual pet (e.g., a fenced yard for a dog).
7. Abide by the policies set forth in the adoption contract and pay the appropriate fees.
What is the adoption fee and what does it cover?
Our adoption fee is $100.00 for cats and $150.00 for dogs. It includes the cost of spay/neuter, current age appropriate vaccinations, microchipping and 30 days free of pet health insurance upon registration.
Happy Endings Animal Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all-volunteer animal rescue organization. We are not funded or subsidized by any state or federal agency. There are many costs involved in running the rescue, the very least of which includes veterinary care, food, pet supplies, transportation, rent for required isolation space and boarding when needed, and associated utilities.
We look forward to working with you to find our animals the perfect fur-ever home!